Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Beginning of a New Kingdom Season - Part 2 – January 2013 By Mike McClung



The following is part of a larger article on what the Lord has been intimating to me for the coming season/years. The whole article will be posted on our website, lionheartministries.org, but we will be releasing each section as a smaller article each week for the next few weeks. May these articles, bless, challenge and encourage all. Mike McClung

A Season of Deliverance

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple. Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one cried to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory!” And the posts of the door were shaken by the voice of him who cried out, and the house was filled with smoke. So I said: “Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.” Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth with it, and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your iniquity is taken away, and your sin purged.” (Isaiah 6:1-7)

“Isaiah 6” encounters with the King of Glory are coming to the body of Christ that will have a powerful cleansing and purging effect in their lives. These encounters will allow the grace, love, glory and power of God to begin to flow out of them as it did out of the life of the Lord Jesus.


We all thank God for the power of the blood of the Lamb. Isaiah 53 states emphatically that He was “wounded for our transgressions”. In general, “transgression” refers to those outward acts of willful sin, rebellion or choices to satisfy the flesh that are contrary to the will of God that all of us make at times. The wounds that drew the perfect blood of the Son of God were willingly taken by Him to bring a purging and cleansing in our lives of all transgression. Yet Isaiah 53 also states that He was bruised for our iniquities. Iniquity, in general, refers to those traits, bents and internal thoughts and motives that come through our fallen nature, and the generational patterns and sins passed down to us from our ancestors. In much of the modern church mainstream, even those who deal with deliverance and “inner healing”, this is sometimes completely overlooked as an accomplished fact in the finished work of the Cross. Iniquity is something that takes more than the application of the blood to deal with…it takes an encounter with the fire of His holiness to sever these iniquitous patterns at their roots. This is what Isaiah experienced in this encounter, and there is coming the same kind of encounter in the body of Christ in this new season.

The “refiner’s fire” of His holy presence is coming to deal with sin and iniquity in such a powerful way that we will be able to fully walk with the “mind of Christ”. His name will be “written on our foreheads” (Rev. 3:12; 7:3; 9:4; 13:16; 14:1; 22:4), which means His mind and thoughts will be exchanged for ours.

I personally experienced this almost 30 years ago. For a period of almost two weeks I experienced what I liken to “walking in the heavenlies”. For that entire period, I did not have one evil thought enter my mind! The love, power and glory of the Lord flowed through me to such an extent that people backed up against walls when I would come into a room. I knew everything about the lives of people I met, but I could not, NOT love them! This was the overriding mark of this whole experience – I walked in such brokenness that all I could do was love, even when people spoke or acted maliciously to me. I saw more miracles, healing and power released during that short period than I have seen since. When the glory of that short season began to fade, I cried out to the Lord why. He told me that a season was coming when there would come such a purging and cleansing in the body of Christ that a worldwide body would walk in this fullness in order to prepare the nations and the earth for His return. He told me that this was what He, Himself walked in (fullness) when He ministered on earth (John 3:34). He also told me no one person could walk in this, but it would take a covenant body of surrendered people who would only be able to walk in and fully express this glory.

The deliverance I experienced went way beyond the spirit, body and emotions. Something happened that literally nullified the patterns of iniquity in me that continually expressed themselves in the realm of my mind and emotions. When my mind was free of those things, my will chose nothing but His will, all the time, and I walked in great joy and peace even if there were external attacks, discomfort or pain. A season of deliverance is coming that is going to free us from iniquitous patterns that have kept us in bondage to thought and emotional patterns that have hindered us from fully choosing to obey Him! When this happens, the abiding glory within us will be free to flow unrestrained.
____________________________________________________________
To find out more about Lionheart Restoration Ministries, visit us at:

No comments:

Post a Comment