Friday, May 15, 2015

Time for Separation and Judgment in the Body and Nation By Mike McClung


May 14, 2015 was the day after I have had major neck surgery. For almost eight months, especially the last four, I have had daily, almost continuous pain in my neck, left shoulder and arm, with tingling and numbness in my forearm and hand. The pain has been constant, but at times it's been almost unbearable when the pain spiked. We have prayed, declared the promises of God in Psalm 103, various other passages, ad infinitum. Finally, after months of seeking the Lord, it became very obvious, after discussing it with my wife and my own personal physician who loves Jesus, to seek other doctoral care.

I went to see an orthopedist I've seen before, because most of the pain was in my shoulder. After having X-Rays and an MRI done back in January, and after several physical therapy sessions, the orthopedist said all that could be done was to give epidural injections to manage the pain or have surgery. The MRI showed I had a compressed nerve by a bad disc and some bone spurs coming from my spine through the C5-C6 pathway to my left shoulder and arm. From here I contacted a well-known neurosurgeon, one who had done some surgery on my wife's back some years ago. After finally seeing him, I was told I would have to have an Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion. The doctor's appointment was on May 7 and the surgery was scheduled yesterday on May 13 (on the seventh day). This was no minor surgery as the surgery would come within millimeters of my spinal cord. This means a mistake could leave me with paraplegic muscle weakness at best, paralyzed, at worst.  But, we knew this was the Lord's will. I was completely at the mercy of the Lord and His best surgical team! That was yesterday. Today, other than pain from the suture and a little swelling, all the pain and numbness from my neck to my hand is gone. But I still have a six-week recovery time before I'm allowed to lift anything over the weight of a gallon of milk!


One of the ways I always know what the Lord's will is, is that much of what has happened to me in my life has been parabolic to the Lord's dealing with the body of Christ at-large. My life has been a prophetic parable to what He was doing in and with the body of Messiah. No amount of physical therapy or pain management could help my structural neck problem that caused almost unbearable pain, numbness and neuralgia in my left shoulder, arm and hand. At times they were useless. The neck, in scripture, represents the WILL - that which connects the Head to the body. I've been told that Bob Jones also used to equate the neck of the body to intercession - that which allows the will of God to flow into the earth realm. The body of Christ has been so out of alignment and communication with the Head for so long because of injury, trauma, misuse or outright rebellion (stiffnecked), that the body cannot release, hold or handle the Lord's authority (the government shall be upon His shoulders - Isaiah 9). We are also unable to be used by His left arm of love as a weapon of righteousness in the earth. The right arm of power - signs and wonders, miracles, etc, is great, but if it does not have the left arm of love and character, it will be unable to hold or accomplish anything! The love of God has been so bastardized by Hollywood and unbiblical, modern church thinking. We have equated the holy love of God with fallen, human empathy, pity and not wanting anyone to be upset or uncomfortable. The love of God brings unfathomable joy, but joy does not mean the absence of trouble, pain or even being hated! Such damnable, fallen thinking! In promoting such, we have damned so many souls to a devil's hell! His love and compassion are limitless, rooted in His holy nature, but they are unyielding to sin and darkness. The rich, young ruler who came to Jesus (Luke 18) did not like the terms of his surrender to the Lord and His will. Although Jesus LOVED him, he did not pander to him, run after him or try a dozen different emotion-wrenching ways to change his mind. There was only the conviction of the Holy Spirit using the Father's word and presence flowing through Him! He has demonstrated His love to all of us by taking our place in the wrath and punishment God's holiness demands for sin, and pouring out the Spirit for us to make this salvation, love, power, holiness and resurrection real in and through us. He loves and likes us! He is forever kind, but He will not allow us to get away with anything contrary to His nature and will...only to our detriment do we push it! And now, one of only two nations in history founded upon the word of God - Israel and the United States - has completely turned its collective back on Him, His word and His ways in open defiance, arrogance, idolatry and rebellion. The principle reason is that this has taken place in the church first! We have not heeded His prophets, His warnings and even the obvious things He tells us in His word (Deut. 28, Lev. 26 - natural disasters, attack from enemies, epidemics, catastrophes, etc.) that will come upon a nation so doing! Even the organized, apathetic, apostate church has joined in this celebrity worshipping, "my best life now", "be all you can be", "claim your mountain", think about yourself, "God only wants me happy" putrescent idolatry!

There is no therapy (counsel, teaching, etc), no amount of prayer (intercessory gatherings, etc), or any other program or cistern (see Jer. 2:11-13) that can fix this head/neck connection problem! There must now be an INDIVIDUAL decision to stop all activity and surrender to the divine Surgeon's loving hand and scalpel, let Him put us under, do His meticulous, but painful work of surgery, and then wait in rest and silence for the healing and realignment to come into place. The next few months, from June through August is an opportunity for us to allow this happen. Pastor/leader, stop all business as usual, get yourself and the body of Messiah before the Lord and ask Him to do whatever radical surgery is necessary to allow the power and authority of the Head to begin to flow to and through His true body. It will take a major correction of the neck (the WILL) to do so. Preach and teach on repentance, removing everything that offends Him, prevents Him and grieves Him! This is just like my neck surgery had to happen to remove the impingements and hindrances of my head's commands to my shoulder, arm and hand. We are told in 2 Cor. 7:1 that WE must remove everything that defiles flesh and spirit that would hinder the transforming fear of the Lord from coming in to do His perfect work! Get YOUR life aligned with Him first. Quit playing harlot-church games, and quit preaching harlot-church messages to assuage the carnality of your members who wouldn't be there unless they are constantly stroked. They need to be saved! If you get yourself rightly aligned with the Lord and His will, His Spirit will speak and move through you like you used to see and/or desire!

Coming this Fall, beginning in September, will be some of the worst times, in the natural, our country and the organized church has ever faced. Great economic upheaval will be here followed by great unrest (civil war first in the church then fully manifesting in the nation), attacks from invading forces within the country, and possible military coup. I think the enemy is trying to press this way before its time. Only a repentant, holy God-army will be able to deal with these things. Only we have the answer, the authority and the wisdom to be released to prepare both spiritually and physically, to fight such things. We have a kairos season to engage Him, His ways and be transformed and made ready. For those who allow themselves to be radically transformed, this will be a beginning of a transfer of greater anointing, authority and wealth we have ever seen....

This will be the bride/body's greatest hour! We are promised His glory will arise in the worst of darkness (Isaiah 60:1-3). He has promised that those who respond to His call will have the "glory as a rear guard" (Isaiah 58), a city of refuge where His presence, power and provision will abound (Isaiah 25), and His light would draw the nations and their wealth. His rebuke and warning IS His love!

Rev. 3:14-22: "And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, 'These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, '"I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'"-- and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked-- I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'"
____________________________________________________________
To find out more about Lionheart Restoration Ministries, visit us at:

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete